PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-3
Thread: Isle of Man-3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2021, 06:29
IOMX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
virginblue

You clearly do not understand my position so lets spell it out again.

1) Of course the Easyjet model has to be right for their business I am not advocating they change it! I am making the point that a one a day randomly timed infrequent service for a capital city to island is really not right for the island.

2) Agreed I am not suggesting they overnight but by the same measure the island really needs an early morning flight to the capital so thats another reason to have two operators

3) I have no idea what % of tickets are sold at unsustainable prices. Ask lfc84 (aka Easyjet Marketing Director) they are the ones who keep going on about loads of cheap tickets !

4) I am not asking people who use Easyjet to subsidise me! I am saying Easyjet should not be undertaking predatory pricing to drive others out. Rather have a daily Easyjet flight and charge a reasonable fare say £80-£100 for those who are not bothered by timings etc and allow a smaller operator to go to a premium airport for £150-£200 for those that need a more regular service. Remember 4500 people were using LCY a month so there is the demand but instead of three rotations run it at two.

5) I have no idea whether its open skies or not I just think it needs some common sense and the IOMG to issue light direction.

It seems most on this forum either fail to understand when you live on an island you need to take a long term strategic view and offer regular connectivity to a capital city or you are part of the Easyjet marketing department! Whichever it is I fear your solution which appears to be Easyjet only will disadvantage the island.