PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-3
Thread: Isle of Man-3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2021, 21:24
IOMX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
virginblue

Actually you are wrong and if you read some of my comments above you would understand my position. I do not expect a full service LHR route with Easyjet prices far from it. I recognise you need to pay a little more ( note I said I paid around £150 flying to/from LCY). Around or just above that level with two flights a day one early morning one early evening makes sense leaving Easyjet to offer fares of around £80 each way on a one a day LGW route. I dont think thats unreasonable at all and I suspect would work well for all parties.

businessair75

Sorry I do not agree with you at all. The clue is in the name Isle of Man- its an island and needs to be able to offer regular services take a look at any other island the size of ours serving the main capital market, they all have regular services. It also seems you fail to understand that there is a lot of financial activity which requires the finance sector having good connectivity. I know some people will say thats the role of zoom but I just don' t believe that will be the end of air travel nor do many travel/business experts. Sorry its not a romantic view of wanting to 'commute' perhaps you should do a little more research to understand it all. For example did you know 4500 passengers a month used LCY pre covid are they all romantics ?