PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-3
Thread: Isle of Man-3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2021, 20:59
IOMX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
businessair75

Sorry I completely disagree with you my points are laid out below

1) I agree Easyjet as an airline are fine and there is generally little difference with them and BA if you look at travel to Europe for example. I actually have no issue with them in that regard and I am happy to use them . But the Easyjet model is not right for the island because it is based on dropping 156 seat plane loads into a market at random and erratic times and in the case of London this on two rotations is too many.

2) Easyjet timings are not suitable for business or day returners or people living in London and the south east who come to the island regularly to visit friends and family. The end to end experience on the island short flight is very poor when compared to BA or Loganair or any other small higher frequency airline. If Easyjet are so great why dont they overnight a plane and offer early morning and early evening flights to support the island-they just wont I can tell you that.

3) It absolutely is an issue if Easyjet run fares at circa £25 and then when nobody else is left to compete they push their prices up surely you must see that not right? So yes that is a fault of theirs sorry its plainly obvious to me!

4) In normal times which hopefully will return soon there is room for an Easyjet flight ( one rotation which I have never argued against) to be supplemented by two rotations of a smaller airline ( early morning and early evening) but it seems most of you are very selfish and just want cheap fares which leaves those of us needing a more frequent service with nothing! If the IOMG had supported LHR for a little while longer the situation post covid would have improved and we would all have what we want!

Maybe a few of you posters on here should talk to a wider community I know for sure there are a lot of people who think along the same lines as me.