PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2021, 08:19
Muttley Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxxster
What a bloody disgrace.

that idiot Queensland chief medical officer aka the quack is at it again. Asked about AstraZeneca at this mornings press conference she again doubled down on her 18 year olds should not get AstraZeneca. Asked what age it was ok for she said 60.

So we have the chook as premier, the goose as deputy premier and the quack as chief medical officer. F*ckers one and all.
Sorry but my rant filter was off and this got through. What exactly is the "bloody disgrace"? Do you disagree with Dr. Young's advice? If so, on what grounds? Do you have qualifications more suitable than Dr. Young's with which to judge the situation and determine the safe age parameters for injection of the experimental AZ therapy? Are you a quack? Let's hear it.

I understood Dr. Young's advice was in keeping with the latest ATAGI advice:

Originally Posted by AP Article
"With only 42 coronavirus cases active in Queensland, AstraZeneca was not worth the risk for younger adults, she (Dr. Young) said. “No, I do not want under 40s to get AstraZeneca because they are at increased risk of getting -- it is rare -- but they’re at increased risk of getting that rare clotting syndrome,” Young said. “I don’t want an 18-year-old in Queensland dying from a clotting illness who, if they got COVID, probably wouldn’t die,” Young added."
Sounds like good advice to me. What's the real motivation for your dissatisfaction, Foxxster?

Originally Posted by AP Article
"But ATAGI advised that AstraZeneca could be administered to people under 60 “for whom Pfizer is not available.” Conditions included that benefits were likely to outweigh risks and that the decision to take AstraZeneca was informed...."
Oh.

Informed. Yes, I see the problem. You think it's a disgrace that we don't have informed consent here in Australia. I completely agree.