PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pull up a sandbag ~ "I remember when..
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2021, 00:35
SASless

Received 509 Likes on 211 Posts
I am not sure I would want the Woman that would have me as a Husband....her thinking would sure beg questioning.

However, as the State Lottery schemes did not exist in those days....marrying an Army Helicopter Pilot in those days and having Life Insurance on him had a much better chance of a payout than any lottery ever had.

For real....the family Insurance guy heard I was in town and dropped by the house in an effort to sell me some Life Insurance....and was happily taking down my application as I was between combat tours and was on Leave prior to going back to my second tour.

When we got to "Occupation" and he heard Army Helicopter Pilot....he slowly shut his note book and said that even if his company would issue a policy.....I would not be able to afford the Annual Premiums.

I suppose they knew something I did not.

it did come to me in a flash so to speak a bit over two months later. The good news is the incident shaved ten months off a twelve month deployment....with two of those ten months laying around in bed listening to my skin grow..