PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 1st Aug 2021, 17:41
BaronVonBarnstormer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very fair point, however you also need to consider the payment structure that you will be tied to with an integrated course vs the flexibility that modular training offers. I did do an integrated course and found myself in a position where I was stumping up huge sums of cash despite having to put up with delays in training etc etc. . If I was modular then I could pay for my training phase, and if there was issues then I could take my business elsewhere. Integrated schools have you bent over a barrel until you have your license. However when integrated courses work, they work well and they do suit a lot of people to immerse oneself in the huge amount of study that is required.

Now you'll probably get a torrent of "advice" on here telling you to start/not start training right now. Truthfully there will never be a perfect time to start, and only you and your family know the level of risk you are willing to take on. BUT for heaven's sake protect yourself as much as possible financially, and have a career to fall back on should it not work out.