PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 787 Nosewheel collapse @ LHR
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2021, 00:55
Tom Sawyer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
We don't get anything directly from the manufacturer of the aircraft. Most companies will issue Tech Notices or some variation on this title to provide us information for awareness based on Service Bulletins, Incidents, Trends, Airworthiness Notices, Modifications and the suchlike. The problem comes that whoever receives that information in Tech Services or Engineering will deem how important it is for it to be highlighted and disseminated. Urgent information should be put out within days, or stuff could take weeks. There is also the issue that different operators will have a different view to one another. Last year I had a notice from one operator regarding B773 centre fuel tank gauging that required the panel door cycling post refuel. I got another notice from a different operator with the same information probably 2 months later as they had assessed it as not as urgent or took longer to process it.

It isn't really viable for us to get the information direct from the OEM as, in my case for example, I'm licensed on 6 types with about 10 engine combinations and 4 authorities, so I'd probably be snowed under with notices and information, some of which could be irrelevant depending on aircraft mod status, config, line or base maintenance info and duplicate information from multiple sources.