PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL 777 EMA base
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2021, 19:46
deltahotel

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok. The company is a bunch of nice pilots with pretty reasonable mgmt. initially the 777s will probably go onto the Atlantic routes but when airframe numbers increase,who knows? Truthfully this will be a new type of operation for us and although I’m sure our immediate mgmt and higher up have plans and visions that we are not yet privy to. What can I say? I’m in my 19th year of yellow and red freight. It hasn’t all been wine/roses or beer/skittles (choose your metaphor) but has been getting better and better over the years. We’ve had some good pay rises and some good conditions eg contractual days free of duty, no forced draft (or whatever BA call it). We kept working through GFC and all through COVID with a full schedule, no furlough and a quick internet search will show you Covid bonuses for all employees world wide last year and this.

Research our parent company accounts - €7bn ebit of which Express (which we are a part of) a good chunk of that. Current share price all time high €50ish.

I’m not interested in the 777, but I’m very happy with the company I work for and would (frequently do) recommend it. Best bit - no passengers.

I know this is a bit light on detail but a lot of what I know is probably not yet in the public domain. Further to that I draw your attention to the following phrase from the ad

‘Soon to join us will be a fleet of B777 aircraft to supplement the network and provide global reach.’

Which sort of implies an unspecified number of ac and global has implications of distance and thus trip length.

hope this helps

rgds

Last edited by deltahotel; 31st Jul 2021 at 19:58.