PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic-2
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2021, 19:45
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Using the VS website to try and book for the first time in nearly two years: Still difficult. I did not expect to be able to find points upgrades as flights are now filling so rapidly. But the site still seemed very poor at indicating where and how to seek for upgrades/companion etc. This included getting a 'ERROR: We cannot handle this request. Try Later." I paraphrase, but it was one of those automated banners like the old '404'.

After doing some other research esewhere, I returned to check prices and options again (LHR-ANU) and the price had increased by £700 for the two of us in the space of 45 minutes. You could say I was not impressed. Following an instruction to ring in with the question, I found an extremely helpful agent (as always) and got matters sorted.

Now I get the standard email: How would you rate your overall experience with our Customer Centre?
In short - I should not have had to cal the call centre!

Is it just me or has the VS website not improved in the last few years? Simple example, top right keeps saying 'Log In' when I am already logged in. This is lazy on their part. More irritating, I find the site does not work well on Firefox and I have to use Edge.

Other views?