PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-3
Thread: Isle of Man-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2021, 16:13
IOMX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you make some fair points re open skies and tourism etc I certainly agree the island could market itself better. And I also agree that Easyjet are a business that needs to make money. Where we disagree is about their commercial behaviour. They were happy when there was two operators to make a return of x set against a set of lower ticket prices the minute its down to one they push up their prices and its a return of x++++. We saw this when flybe collapsed last year and they were happy to charge £600 for a one way ticket from Liverpool. They are an operator that has no pilots or crew on the island and send planes across at random times throughout the day clearly to fit against other more lucrative business they have elsewhere. Also their record in bad weather is very poor quite a lot of their flights get cancelled due to bad weather or diverted back to Gatwick because they cannot land a large jet when smaller operators can. As such the island gets a very poor deal from them in service terms.