PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2021, 22:13
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rattman
And you forgot the bit where the US and UK studies show its 70-88% effective, theres still no cut and dried answers to this sort of the stuff

US studies show intial effecacy of 96% and overtime decreasing to 64%, same range for moderna as well. Both are RDNA, us doesn't use AZ

And heres one from france in peer review atm
https://theconversation.com/covid-st...ll-work-164351

Yes there are less effective against delta but 39% seems a outler compared to others

which is what I said in that and subsequent posts. I even posted in my subsequent comment a link to an article that goes into some detail about the Israeli numbers and casts doubt on the low number in that study. And also a link about the uk in relation to a third Pfizer dose which also contains uk efficiency numbers. I suggest you read those. It seems like more work needs doing on the Israeli number as it was a very small sample. And as someone else pointed out, it depends what effectiveness you are measuring against. Any infection no matter how mild or against serious infection requiring hospitalisation or causing death. The vaccines do seem very effective against the latter two, but there does appear to be potentially a drop off in effectiveness, potentially greater than might have been expected.

Last edited by Foxxster; 29th Jul 2021 at 22:48.