PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2021, 02:21
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator
As of this morning the UK has 88.1% of all adults with their first vaccination and 71.1% have had both - but they opened up with (I think) 80 & 66%-ish. Source

I would be very surprised to see Australia, not just NSW, get close to 80% in any reasonable timeframe, both due to vaccine hesitancy and Scotty's mishandling of the rollout.
Ah ha. Well I guess it does depend on what measure is used. It makes sense to only use the adult population as these vaccines haven’t yet been approved for children, although I think Pfizer had been approved for 12 up now here and also just approved in the uk for 12+. Not sure about other countries. But then again children are obviously part of the population so we really need both measures but be clear as to what is being used. I hope Gladys was talking about the adult population.

Lockdowns are set to be become "a thing of the past" with Australia on track to have a high percentage of the population vaccinated by Christmas, Scott Morrison has said.

The Prime Minister said with the nation now administering more than one million COVID-19 vaccine doses a week, he believes by the end of the year "everyone who has had the opportunity for a vaccine will have had it".

"I would expect by Christmas that we would be seeing a very different Australia to what we are seeing now," Mr Morrison said on Wednesday.

"What we are seeing overseas is once countries reach that much higher vaccination rate, that gives their governments a lot more options in the suppression limitations they have to use to deal with the virus.

"Lockdowns become a thing of the past when you are at that level.