PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - emails sneaking past mail washer and inbox
Old 28th Jul 2021, 12:15
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
emails sneaking past mail washer and inbox

For a couple of months emails from an organisation I belong to have been getting into one of the subfolders in my Thunderbird mail browser without appearing in my Inbox first. The situation is even worse than that though as the same emails do not show up in MailWasher either which is even more concerning as this shows that there is a possibility of other, unwanted, emails also sneaking past any line of defence against malicious mail I have. I am very careful to review ALL emails coming in while at the MailWasher stage before allowing them into Thunderbird inbox. Obviously there will be the odd email that arrives at my email server in the short window of opportunity between MailWasher washing the emails and Thunderbird downloading them from the server.

Previously, the emails from this organisation had been following the normal process of showing up in MailWasher and then downloading to my Thunderbird inbox from where, after reading, I manually transferred them to the same subfolder that they are now sneaking in to.

I am not aware of any settings I might have changed to cause this to happen.

OS is Win8.

It is a mystery.

Rans6....................