PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2021, 02:36
MickG0105

Received 208 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
In other news .. an update of our Ballina couple. We have a name and a face, and it appears the Flight Attendant is not cooperating with Police and has lawyered up.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...each/100325698

Flight attendant behind Covid-19 scare dated Brett Forte’s killer Ricky Maddison

The identities of a man and woman behind Queensland’s latest Covid-19 scare have been revealed, as a video emerged of the Sydney escapee doing … well, we’re not all that sure.

Kate Kyriacou, et al
Courier-Mail
July 28, 2021 - 11:59AM

THE flight attendant at the centre of Queensland’s Covid-19 scare once claimed to have dated cop killer Ricky Maddison, describing him as “the most caring person I know”.

Ms Gray was on Tuesday fined $4000 for failing to comply with a border direction after driving Covid-positive Mr Thompson into Queensland on July 14 – resulting in her contracting the virus herself.

Mr Thompson, 26, was not supposed to have left Sydney, but f lew to Ballina where he met Ms Gray, who drove him to Tugun and Brisbane.

At the time, Mr Thompson had been given a negative test result from a Sydney laboratory, but was later told the result was wrong, which he is alleged to have kept hidden from Queensland authorities.

Ms Gray, who works for Qantaslink as a flight attendant, tested positive for coronavirus on July 22, but had felt unwell for about a week.

Queensland Health on Thursday night added an additional contact tracing location at Mermaid Waters on the Gold Coast. Black Swan Coffee, Shop 8 Q Super Centre at Mermaid Waters is considered to be a close contact site between 1.40pm and 2pm on Friday, July 23.

Queensland Health, which at first believed her infection was a mystery case, later Queensland Health was made aware of his Covid status only after he was identified as a close contact of Ms Gray and put into hotel quarantine.

It is understood he was in hotel quarantine for about 24 hours while knowingly infectious before Queensland Health got the results of its own test.

On Wednesday, police gave Mr Thompson three infringement notices, alleging he opened the door of his room and “verbally abused” staff – without a mask – after being told he had the virus.

“It is alleged after warnings, and with full knowledge of his positive Covid-19 delta strain diagnosis, he continued to open his door while not wearing a face mask,” police said in a statement.

Mr Thompson has been fined $4000 for failing to comply with a border direction, $4000 for failing to comply with a Covid-19 direction by providing untrue information.

Ms Gray spoke out about her past relationship with Maddison in 2017 when he was killed after a 20-hour siege.

Maddison lured police into an ambush near Gatton and opened fire with a machine gun, killing Senior Constable Brett Forte.

It is understood Ms Gray was seeing Maddison seven years earlier. “We were together for a while and in that time he was the most caring person I knew,” she said in 2017.

“I don’t believe the allegations against him from my loving experiences with him. He used to make me laugh all the time. He was an amazing, caring person.”
Ms Gray, who works for Qantaslink as a flight attendant ...

Probably a safe bet to make that past tense.