PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Inconvenient Truth
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2021, 10:54
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Chug

Originally Posted by Chugalug2
However, you say that you never received an illegal order from a RN officer, yet instance one who supported an illegal order given you by a Snr CS! You'll forgive me I hope if I call that splitting hairs.
My excuse is that some of us with exaggerated centre partings have no hairs to split.

The last time I spoke to the RN Captain he was devastated over the AEW mid-air, and had come to realise what he'd been told a few years earlier by his engineers, Boscombe Down and Westland was correct. I do not know if he was questioned by the Board of Inquiry, but believe an officer of his rank should have been able to approach the President, a fellow Captain, and point him in the right direction. A key question would have been why no 2 Star review of the residual risks had taken place, which would have exposed (again) that mitigation was cancelled on the grounds the risks would NEVER occur.

As for his ruling on the matter of fraud, nothing can excuse his failure to retract when given the opportunity.

Sorry, I digress from the thread subject, but the same offences were committed on Chinook.