PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex-Ansett employees get more cash
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2003, 15:32
Googie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Figures M and M have a rather slack bunch working for them (or not working, as it seems). Myself and a significant number of pals were told that KM didn't receive our proof of debt forms. Hmmm...... We all sent them in (who wouldn't when you're owed $30K+ ??!!). So, despite notification, no $$ yet. Nice one. All adds insult to injury, I'm afraid. The "if and when money", as one bright AN manager referred to it, is in limbo, but with no dependants to put food on the table for, I'm glad some others got it before me......really. By the by, the 50% tax comment is a bit rich. A friend was owed $44K and received $18, so I trust this was half (as expected) less about $4 tax. Hope this helps with a rough calculation. Redundancies simply aren't taxed the way 'normal' pay is. For others wanting to keep up to date, visit www.ansett.com.au and click on staff (password requied, if you can remember it!). You can call the pay office on (03) 9623 3735 and hear a recording. Press 4 for 'employee hotline'. The email address for pay queries is [email protected] and the fax number is (03) 8600 8433. They will forward you a proof of debt form via email or fax and you can then fax it to (03) 9623 3144. Hope it all helps. Good tidings to all.