PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex KA captains being offered JFO position
Old 25th Jul 2021, 15:57
Flying Clog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting posts.

Agreed, CX will be wetting themselves getting their hands on the NEOs and dumping the expensive pilots who were slated to fly them (Dragonair).

And no, they won't be having HK Express fly them. UO will fly clapped out 320s with even cheaper pilots then COS18 on full eco scumbag routes. That'll be fun.

The NEOs will be super efficient, new, and with business class so will do all the high end short routes.

The ‘s in CX management will indeed be very excited, but they're about to get bitten in the arse with the huge amount of resignations and stress leave/victims on the productive 747 fleet.

The 777 and Bus pilots are falling over themselves and super keen to join the active fleets (777 to 747 conversions), as they've been parked on their bums and enjoying 18 months off on full pay. Other than the times they've had quickly approved unpaid leave to go home obviously.

Don't get me wrong - if I was on a dying fleet (777), I too would be keen and scrambling to get on the 747.

The retreads from the 777 seem to be smiling and having a jolly good time sitting in the midfield terminal waiting for hours for their bat flu results. But I suppose I would be too, if I'd been given a new lease of life.

It's a bit of a slap in the face when I get screwed on seniority, yet again, by those falling over themselves to try and help out and/or save their own skin. The 777 is dead, fair enough. And that's the price you pay for a seniority multi fleet system. Only problem is - Cathay no longer respects or acknowledges seniority.

The fun thing, and the sting in the tail for Cathay, is that there are such a high number of resignations, particularly on the 747 of course, that the is about to hit the fan, and we might finally have some leverage. If it weren't for the super keen 777 brigade. I guess we just have to show them how miserable it is and bring them on side.

The critical shortage, of course, will be on amongst the 747 trainer ranks. And that's where we need to give the Cathay management a poke in the eye.

Bring it on I say!