PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2021, 00:08
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator
On the contrary, I don't think it's been lost on as many as you think. As you've said, this pandemic is the proof-of-concept for this style of vaccine delivery. Despite a quarter of a century of trying, they couldn't do it, then suddenly in response to Covid, they can.
Mass amounts of funding, a pandemic getting a lot of people infected so the ability to test vaccine effectiveness is rapid, large number of trial volunteers, previous work on SARS and MERS vaccines which are genetically similar, the genome of this virus was sequenced very early on, and a lot of manufacturing was pre done so doses ready to go once the vaccine was checked as safe. In addition to the rapid and exciting developments in science that have allowed safe vaccines to be created quicker in recent years.

And that's what concerns a lot of intelligent people who have been slapped with the anti-vaxxer tab, both here and elsewhere, they don't feel the need to be guinea pigs for this kind of vaccine delivery tech until longer term results are in.
Phase 3 trials are more about the efficacy of the vaccine and finding extremely rare side effects that aren’t picked up on phase 1 or 2 trials. Contrary to the idea that all you anti-vaxxers (yes I’ll use that term) have, the “long term trials” as you call them are more about finding issues that occur shortly after the vaccine is administered in a wide population, not issues that occur years down the track. This is the standard for all vaccines, a lot of which were “rushed” as you put it to market after a relatively short development, but you never seemed to have a problem with it then.

For the actual clotting syndrome, TTS, 've had a - fairly brief - look at the TGA and other websites and cannot seem to find if this is a one-off issue, or TTS can cause ongoing complications that will require something like ongoing anticoagulant treatments following the diagnosis. Anyone shed any light on long-term treatment for TTS should you develop it?
I think the problem is you’re coming to a pilot’s message board to ask for info and spread misinformation rather than consult a medical professional.