PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 787 Nosewheel collapse @ LHR
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2021, 11:12
Uplinker

Received 118 Likes on 74 Posts
Hi Sygyzy, point taken. Every engineering facility I have ever worked in has a portable label maker in the test room. Used to be Dymo, now they are electronically printed. Or if not a label, what about a ring of red paint round the correct hole, or a red arrow?

Regarding approval, do the company decals and paint colours on the fuselage have to be approved by the manufacturer and the XAA before an aircraft is sprayed with paint? Many aircraft have the last two letters of the registration painted somewhere on or around the nose gear leg. Are these specifically approved? Genuine question.

Speaking of company decals, there are lots of pictures on this thread showing photos of the aircraft, so the airline involved can clearly be seen, to answer your last question That airline is supposed to be one of the very best, I thought?

Hi Turin, yes fair point, hence my views elsewhere on pilot training and practise - seems the rot has now started to reach other areas of operations too? This incident did not involve an aircraft in flight - so there was no immediacy required and the nose gear pin was checked by more than one engineer on three separate occasions, if I've read the report correctly !