PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2021, 10:25
MickG0105

Received 208 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
Curious that you refer to speaking against the Federal Government's efforts to be a "pile on" yet you write dismissive commentary about the Victorian Government "of sign me up to CCP belt and road fame".
Ah yes, because in dealing with the question of whether FIRB approval for a Chinese investor to acquire Virgin from Bain is likely, I wrote,
Unless Chairman Dan, of sign me up for CCP Belt and Road Initiative fame, makes it to the Federal Treasury benches the likelihood of that happening is essentially zero. It simply is not going to happen under a Coalition government given the current and foreseeable relationship with China.
Guilty as charged!

Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
Seems to me that your comments just smack 'slightly' of apologetics for what has effectively been on several criteria one of the worst governments we've had in Canberra - Robodebt, millions spent locking up 2 adults and 2 children, couldn't run a census competently when every other government has managed it ok for the preceding 114 years, my favourite was in the Abbott era he set up a committee to see how the Commonwealth could save money and it was abandoned after spending $M's more than budgeted, NBN a complete waste of money, spent more on copper to replace copper when fibre was a fraction of the cost, you couldn't write this stuff and have it accepted as not exaggerated for an episode of Yes Prime Minister.... why should the vaccine roll out be any different... and that's before we get into the absolute stacking of the AAT and mean legislation to attack charities that don't say nice things about the government as well as millions spent to try and discredit political oponent and sports and carpark rorts....
And seems to me that you not so 'slightly' dislike the current government. You do you, maybe start a thread on that theme. I mainly do numbers, facts and stuff, generally "on thread".