PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2021
Thread: NPAS News 2021
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2021, 10:24
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you MG.

Certainly some inconsistencies there..... that would make it difficult to write and sign off a sensible Annual Report I guess. If in doubt.... avoid it!

Based on those figures it is evident that in the past year the fixed wing unit has almost doubled the number of hours it flies each year. To put that in perspective though sorties are far longer than those of the rotary wing fleet and other bases where only a single helicopter is based are exceeding 1,000 hours pa. I guess, if it were properly resourced, we should expect the fixed wing fleet of four to be flying at least 3,000 hours by now and taking the pressure off the older helicopter fleet.

Some hope. Just when the P68R has found its feet [it took long enough] it seems the management has lost faith in the project and now there arn't enough pilots to get them in the air regularly enough to ramp up the hours and fill the gaps caused by the growing age of the rotary fleet.

Its like a stuck record.. stuck record .. stuck record..

Who knows one day we may be able to write about other news that is uplifting and smiley.... Not yet awhile I fear.

Last edited by PANews; 24th Jul 2021 at 10:25. Reason: typo