PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2021, 04:03
Lead Balloon

Received 419 Likes on 209 Posts
No I'm not in a unique position in Australia, MrScooter. (And there's no such thing as "very" unique.) There are many, many Australians in the outback who are used to being in quite comfortable isolation for protracted periods.

If this is going to be done in rational way - that is, done so as to most effectively mitigate the risk as quickly as practicable - then ALL essential workers and everyone living in aged care have to be vaccinated first. And we haven't been able to manage that even that yet, over a year in. That's not my fault and criticising me won't change that. I won't start on quarantine facilities...

Australia needs 'leadership', not politicians who hide behind advice when it suits then undermine the advisers when it doesn't suit.

All along, only one out of the two essential questions the answers to which determine the rational response to C-19 have been asked and answered - at least publicly. The first question is to medical experts who have been asked how to keep C-19 under control. And they've provided, generally, the correct answers. The second question that dare not speak its name is: How much is acting on the advice going to cost? And I mean real costs.