PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2021, 04:03
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Gnadenburg
None of the reluctant vaxers have answered my question as to whether they've lost their livelihoods in aviation due COVID.

So can I ask the following?

- Would you expect and take a government handout as an aviation worker whilst preaching a reluctant vaccination stance?

- Will you accept the opening of borders despite you and I take it your family, not being vaccinated?
I am not an anti vaxer.

I currently have not had a COVID vax nor do I currently plan to (Never had a flu jab either).

My simple understanding of COVID 19 is there are a group of people that are high risk of getting very sick or dying if they catch it - For this I say they need our help with border closures (state and national) until the have the chance to be vaccinated.
Same measures also until all front line workers have the option to get vaccinated.

After this point we can open fully internally (nationally)and give the option to all secondary contact workers that want it to get it, followed by general public getting it if they want it. 3 months after this fully open every border.

IF the vaccines prevented people from catching COVID and being able to transmit it to others - my opinion would be different. If we of the non "High Risk" status wish to risk getting sicker or even die from catching it - bad luck, we had the option. But we have given the chance for every one to get vaccinated if they wish, high rick or not.

If the government closes my work - as a tax payer, I expect compensation for that. Vaccine does not prevent COVID or its spread.

Members of my family (non high risk) have been vaccinated, they have their reasons.