PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2021, 02:44
Lead Balloon

Received 419 Likes on 209 Posts
You evidently haven't been able to review what I've said previously in this thread, Gnadenberg, or I haven't expressed myself clearly enough.

I don't know whether I support the lockdowns and border closures, because I don't know how much they cost. What I do know is that they cost an enormous amount, and Australia is merely delaying the inevitable. I think the NSW Treasurer committed a political heresy the other day, by effectively acknowledging the fact that the ever-increasing enormous costs may not be worth the lives saved. (It is a fact that we weigh up costs against lives every day. That's why, for example, there continue to be suicide deaths in prisons. We as a society have decided we're not going spend any more money to make all prisons suicide proof.)

I didn't say I wasn't going to get vaccinated. I will get vaccinated when the personal risk mitigating steps I'm taking against contracting C-19 are not sufficient, thus justifying my taking the risk of the vaccine. I hope by that stage that every essential worker and person in aged care has been vaccinated.