PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky SB-1 flies for first time
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2021, 17:29
noneofyourbusiness

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The S300 - now spun off as a separate business?. I am retired from my day job, mechanical engineer, same industry as you, passing my time working on an invention.

Clearly the Raider rolled side to side pretty quickly when it crashed, with the rotors not parallel. You say the design is intended to keep the rotors parallel, I believe you.

I wasn't comparing a tail rotor torque to the pusher prop torque. Clearly most engine power goes through the prop at high speeds, unlike the tail rotor. I was just trying to point out, the tail rotor is a flight control device, but the pusher prop isn't. There is high speed flight, and there is low speed flight with the pusher disengaged. For high speed flight, what keeps the x2 type design going straight forward, if the main rotors are canted to offset prop reaction torque? Are the vertical stabilizers enough? Secondly at hover, is the only difference between a sideways movement and a roll, the degree of tilt of the rotors?

I never worked flight controls, so I may miss the obvious. I appreciate your input.

Last edited by noneofyourbusiness; 23rd Jul 2021 at 17:51.