PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting aircraft - what have you seen on your computer today?
Old 23rd Jul 2021, 15:52
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
HArtington

Here, Frome we also get the ETPS Hawk and Tucano , often noise only. BZZ inbounds and outbounds with mostly the musical Atlas but smaller numbers of C17 and C130s . So not like the skies around LHR hence myexcitement with the low flying Herc.
The one yesterday wasnt following the railway but it might have picked it up shortly after and flown down south.

Lot of Heli traffic long the railway , Presumably Salisbury Plain /War minster to Westbury then follow the railway to Yeovil. Living on a hill for the first time in my life also changes things , a few evenings ago ona very very clear evening a tiny pinkish gold contrail showwed on FR 24 as a UPS 747 headed to Germany. It was just crossing the Welsh west coast when I first saw it probably over 100 miles away . I do miss LHR but now there are no more 74s there are basically two types small with two engines 737/320 big with two engines 777/350/787/330 not a lot of variety