PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Safety Video - Very Concerning
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2021, 09:55
Alpha Whiskey Bravo

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Pinky you are correct! That is where I got the idea from. I remember reading it when I was a student pilot in 1992.

Back in my day…. The ASTB identified growing trends for us to try to tackle the following year at our seminars. They ranged from getting lost, to running out of fuel, but the deadliest was VFR into IMC. So I thought instead of getting guest speakers to go on for 45 minutes, why not make it more impactful and get the audience involved. Make it real. Make it memorable. Make the audiences Crash Scene Investigators! It took a while to put together and extract the right people from the various agencies but it came out beautifully in the end. The video 178 seconds took us 3 days to produce and hours and hours of listening to the right music and getting the perfect voice. Julien Pulvermaker BTW. Our genius Media Producer Dean did a wonderful job on it and was awesome coaching the speakers.

We as a team had a lot of freedom to be creative with our work which sadly changed over time. I wouldn’t take back a minute of it either.

And yes that Canadian guy did copy our CSI. Dean our producer told me once to always give away a good idea. It will make you come up with another one! Very wise words from one of the great CASA team members and dead set legend.

AWB