PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some truth about the ML incident
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2003, 09:06
Four Seven Eleven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snarek
Someone (4-7-11??) said something about a VFR not being allowed in C at flight levels. Really, point me to the CAR please.
Not guilty. You must be thinking about someone else. For the record, there was never any restriction (CAR or otherwise) on VFR in C. (I think there used to be a high level restriction – not above FL205 by very vague memory – before alphabet airspace.)

Of course, VFR are now not allowed above FL180/FL245 due to the wholesale introduction of Class A.

IP tracking

I think your veiled threat here is, in your own words, approaching ‘below the belt’ tactics. If you are unhappy about respecting the expectation of anonymity here on PPRuNe, then can I suggest that you use other means of expressing your views? The AOPA forums would seem to be appropriate. (Perhaps you could insist that only real names be used there.)

You do your cause and reputation no good by resorting to tactics such as these. Let your arguments and those of others stand on their merits.

Anonymity has its advantages and disadvantages, for example:

Advantages: It allows people who would otherwise be constrained by concerns for their employment etc. to engage in meaningful discourse on matters of public importance.

Disadvantages: Winstun

It is up to you to decide which side of the ledger you would like to be associated with.

4-7-11 and DehavDrver seem to be able to make a point without going too far below the belt.
Thank you. All the best to you and let the reasoned debate continue.