PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting aircraft - what have you seen on your computer today?
Old 22nd Jul 2021, 15:40
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Since moving west I miss the interesting stuff that goes low level west of the Bagshot mast heading around the LHR zone., small but very interesting like a Corsair, JU 52, BBMF spits etc

But there are occasional goodies down here like today, an RAF Herc flying fast and low over Frome around 0845 . Interested know height since I would have guessed they use 1000ft minimum but is that above ground or sea level . Noisy fast low and menacing in dark gray made my dog walking ladies jump. Perhaps he was trying to find an alternative to Brize and their runway debacle as we get a lot of C!7 Atlas and C130s inboaund and outbound from brize but usually between 600 and 8000 ft .

Just going back to Brize for moment if anything sums up UK today its that, the entire Mil transport fleet at one base with one runway and its tarmac and gets too soft when its hot . Review all the options and choose the cheapest and least useful, unless the supplier went to Oxbridge with a cabinet member in which reverse it.