PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Job Opportunities
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2021, 21:02
squidie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First thing I suggest is consider the method you are looking to train. For example, integrated course with normally silly upfront costs ranging beyond the 100k mark at times is not recommend in the current climate. However modular methods where the cost is generally half (subject to your perf) is the better route at this time. In fact, I’d say it’s the better route financially and the most sensible route at anytime.

Anyway, since you mentioned Ryanair, their cadet scheme isn’t really worth the money. I’ve read it’s £30k upfront for class rating and base training, nothing else which would include accommodation and travel costs for a mere £16k salary (someone please correct me if this is a rumour). There is a thread already on this where the “2K” pilots are both existing cadets and talent pool.

The airlines aren’t exactly back to normal, and it doesn’t look to be ending anytime soon so just know that there are other flying careers on different aircraft, like turbo-props and flight instructor on SEP/MEPs for example that a lot of people still go for.