PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2021, 04:55
Transition Layer

Received 88 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by minigundiplomat
Well ****, as Einstein points out, we’ve never had it so good, what I can’t understand is why nobody thought of a global pandemic as an engine for growth earlier?

I’ve had one AZ and have the second next week. I’m not a COVID denier, and neither do I believe it’s a 5G conspiracy. Like most on here, I’ve spent my entire career in an environment of regulatory compliance, so if I’m told to stay indoors or wear a mask I’m hardwired to comply.

But for those of you sitting there (many of you in government jobs) telling yourself Australia has done an awesome job, you are completely deluded. This country’s management of this virus has been a ****show of epic proportions. Geography spared us from mass infection and jobkeeper blunted some of the economic pain.

Closing international borders was a good decision, but executed by both feds and state government like 3 year olds finger painting with their own poo.

National cabinet has produced zero collaboration or consensus and merely legitimised state premiers who have repeatedly proved to be low talent administrators driven purely by reelection. In Qld the bag lady, sorry CMO, has actually sabotaged the vaccine rollout she supposedly supports.

The vaccine rollout (sorry feds, this one is all you) was a day late and a dollar short, and world class in terms of lethargy in delivery and confused messaging.

We now find ourselves a laughing stock, or we would do if the media reported any news outside of Australia or NZ, and confined to a miserable and dystopian world of often politically driven lockdowns and decimated consumer confidence, whilst the vaccine rollout continues at a rate even Burkina Faso would be ashamed of.

Yet we sit at home watching the ABC news and tutting about decisions made in the US or UK in a very different environment. Take a bow Australia
Brilliant