PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Safety Video - Very Concerning
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2021, 14:14
Nulli Secundus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CASA Safety Video - Very Concerning

CASA Safety Education Video - Absolutely Underwhelming!

I have just come across the education section on the CASA website which hosts a safety video entitled Enhancing Pilot Skills – Expect the Unexpected. The presenter is CASA Safety Adviser Kirstie Winter.

In my opinion, I could not believe this is what’s offered as Australian aviation safety material.

Riddled with non-technical errors, it begs the question, how could it ever have been approved for broadcast. Considerable sections of the narration are vague with some dialogue actually conflicting with the slide text. On one occasion the presenter repeats the same line twice.

Now granted, it’s best to judge content rather than delivery, but when a presentation fails the most basic attention to detail an audience is rightly forgiven for disengaging. What makes this absolutely unforgiveable: the number one message in aviation safety and no doubt intended by this video is be diligent, take care, plan, communicate effectively, be thorough and do it right. What is presented is none of this. I don't believe the FAA or UK CAA for example would ever broadcast in such a fashion.

Unbelievably below grade for the nation’s lead agency for aviation safety and pilot training standards.