PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VTOL news updates - Australia
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2021, 09:53
robsrich

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CASA’s CEO and Director of Aviation Safety – brings hope to pilot licensing and training organisations

Speech Extract from presentation on Wed 16 June 2021, Rotortech 2021 at Brisbane by Pip Spence PSM

"Current issues – rotary. Even though I have only been in the job for four weeks, I already know that I can’t not mention licensing and flight training. Through the flight examiner review that was completed at the end of last year CASA has acknowledged that the current requirements are onerous and difficult to achieve.

We (CASA) are committed to implementing all the recommendations from the review. We have initiated the first step with the Aviation Safety Advisory Panel standing up a technical working group. It met for the first-time on Fri 11 June 2021 and I understand it was a very successful meeting."

Rickshaw. Hopefully, this will provided resources to sort out issues still needing attention. The issue of needing Plain English Guides so users can understand the intent of some new rules should have raised eyebrows a long time ago!

Perhaps the new CASA Chair and CEO/DAS plus new committees will bring fresh air to a problem with Part 61 which has been unresolved for too long.

Maybe good news - a bit of a change from the COVIC-19 bad news this week.