PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ireland appoved for E 3 Visa - USA
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2021, 23:09
Rug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My argument doesn't fall down anywhere because I didn't even make one, I simply stated a fact which undermined your initial point that Australia was having to share their E3 visa allocation with Ireland under the new scheme which they aren't. Your argument fell over because you were wrong.

I agree that it's none of my business whether or not Australia uses their 10,500 quota of visas. Similarly, it's absolutely none of your business how any one of the 10,499 applications other than your own potential one are allocated. It is, however, entirely America's business and no doubt in their best interests to make the changes they have - obviously the US Govt. DID negotiate the deal to have anyone else jump on it whenever it suited them.

Since its inception, the maximum number of E3 visas granted to Australians in any one fiscal year was 5,807 - just over one third of the quota. Clearly no detriment to Australia whatsoever is caused by the policy update so it's difficult to see why you are so outraged. Perhaps the US is looking for the best way to fill its skills shortage and Ireland presents the best option for them? But that's none of my business.

Last edited by Rug; 20th Jul 2021 at 06:04.