PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Degree UNSW, Swinburne for Future 2025
Old 19th Jul 2021, 04:05
ebt

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm going to go against the above posters and say that there is absolutely value in pursuing a degree qualification, even if you choose the single major in aviation. You may think that it limits your career choices, but having a degree in anything is what will get you into the door for a multitude of different jobs later on. There is also the case that even if you end up in a non-flying position after uni, it will set you up for a number of other roles within the aviation industry and beyond. If you want to extend your field further, go with the double degree and you will hedge your bets. But choose something that you can be passionate about as you will hate it, especially if that is the area that you end up deviating into. Or if you are a true aviation nut, find ways to put that spin on the other major- so if it is finance, look at how that might be a way into the aviation finance sector.

Putting on my crystal ball, I think that by 2025 the oversupply in the market (as a whole) will be long gone. I would say that already we are starting to see some of the bigger markets roar back to life, and through 2022/23 we will see international flying start to recover. Until we get into the semi/fully autonomous passenger aircraft there will be a need for drivers as the fleet expands.