PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - International arrival caps into Australia…
Old 18th Jul 2021, 23:00
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JPJP
Its infuriating. A country that’s done so well protecting its population is now paralysed, economically stunted and isolated through incompetence. Do they even realise there’s a vaccine for this virus ? And it works.

Over 60% of the Australian population live in 5 cities. The U.S. were vaccinating 3 million a day at the peak. Let’s half that number to 1.5 million a day to account for sheer idiocy and blind feckery. You could mass vaccinate the majority of the population in 10 days. Open the country to at least the vaccinated citizens. Then the rest.

Every time I see the PMs face I think of Bugs Bunny’s prescient quote. “What a maroon’.

the US population is nearly 13 times greater than ours.

3,000,000 divided by 13 is 230,000 a day.

we are around 130,000 a day which will ramp up with pharmacies coming online, more dedicated vaccine centres and with increased supply of Pfizer. It will further ramp in Sept and October with even more Pfizer and Moderna . You can’t give vaccines you don’t have.

Yes we are behind for a number of reasons, bad luck choosing AstraZeneca as our main vaccine, the one the uk has used as its major one and we chose because we can actually make it here, so at the time actually a sensible decision. There have been roll out issues, I guess getting federal and state health public servants to actually do some work was always going to be problematic.

Last edited by Foxxster; 19th Jul 2021 at 00:38.