PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STC for C182 to Fit Continental VD-300
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2021, 09:16
Guptar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STC for C182 to Fit Continental VD-300

Does anyone know if there is an STC for the fitment of a Continental CD-300 V6 Diesel for the Cessna 182.

Farmers in my area are getting increasing heat from the local council about storage of gasoline fuels on their farms and in particular leaded avgas, even in small quantities. Romour going around town is that they are trying to specifically ban the storage of any quantity of leaded Avgas on any farm. Already they are making farmers build bunded storage areas even though the fuel trailers are already dubble bunded. It's getting quite expensive to store a fuel trailer on the farm. That makes a diesel/Turbine GA aircraft the only viable alternative. The local council guy I spoke to had no interest in diesel/kerosene storage.

I was thinking the CD-300 V6 might be too heavy to hang on the nose of a C182 and the Continental CD-230 which is the Safran/SMA design seems to have reliebility issues, enough that Cessna canned it. Having only Jet-A on the farm would solve a lot of problems, One type of fuel and the tractors and other farm machinery could use it as well.