PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2021, 00:40

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
Victoria will have problems with leakage for as long as this is alive in Sydney. It will be a question of how many days post this short lockdown, they go before the next leak arrives. Sydney are stuck with this active in the community for at least August and into September. How do we protect Victoria for those two months?.

Would be great if we could invest in rapid testing. If the FedEx crew had been, the chances of all this going on would have been greatly reduced. All foreign based aircrew should be at a minimum on arrival and exit. They are only here for 24/48 hrs.

Brisbane to Cairns set to be the number one route again
I stopped following the NSW debacle, is there any credible evidence detailing the FedEx crew tested positive in AUSTRALIA other than what been implied by the political press release. I did read a article where an Independent journalist was unable to attain any proof from the NSW government Or FedEx to back up this claim.

The horse has bolted through the gate, however the timeline is interesting as I would have expected international crew to be CV tested on arrival. My personal experience has been they take less than 12 hours for a text message response from the lab following the test at the domestic terminal. Surely a international crew would have then been advised via public health officials to isolate or been quarantined to prevent transmission by the crew.

How long would a freight crew layover be ? Why did the test results take longer than the layover in this case, I get mine prior to sign on for the next day.

Last edited by -41; 17th Jul 2021 at 00:47. Reason: Jingo