PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL flight school same as Bachelor in NL?
Old 15th Jul 2021, 14:13
Goose1015

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL flight school same as Bachelor in NL?

Dear Fellow pilots,
In 2003 I finished the Martinair Flight School (Class: JAR5) with a Frozen ATPL license in 2003. Now at the age of 43 I like to enter a Masters study at Tech. University Delft in The Netherlands. I have to prove that Martinair Flight school is of the same level as a HBO (Bachelor) education in 2003. The NLS at that day (2003) had an HBO accreditation. I fifthly remember making the same exams at CBR Amsterdam Sloterdijk together with NLS Students.
Is there any colleague pilot out there how has had to prove the same and has an official document stating that a ATPL Integrated Flight school holds the same education level as HBO / Bachelor education in The Netherlands?

If that statement contains Martinair Flight School Lelystad (EHLE) around 2003.. That would be great! Any other will do as well!

At this moment I am between Ministry of education and (no word back from yet) Dutch CAA.

I never had any doubt that this would be a problem.. but University states.. ‘’You enter Uni.. You show me a Bachelor diploma’’.

So for all those youngsters, future pilots: If you don’t have a Bachelor and you can make a choice between a Ministry of Education accredited Bachelor and ‘’privately owned’’ Flight school,…. Remember that in later life you may need that proof that your flight school is recognized by your Ministry of Education as a Bachelor education.. just a thought .. take care of yourself and each other..

There are organizations ready to send invoices between EUR 900 up to EUR 2500 (EX VAT!) to investigate if above is the case, but I reckon we can handle this internally! Please let me know if you have anything on this subject.