PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMA Viscount
Thread: BMA Viscount
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2021, 10:14
jtb707

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading this thread has brought back a few memories. In the late 60's when BMA still operated the 700 series Viscounts, we had a summer departure from East Midlands, (or Castle Donnington CDD in those days) every Friday at I think 22.30 to Palma (PMI ?), normally scheduled for an 800 series possibly G-ASED or G-APND. For some reason one of the 700's was substituted and 30 minutes before departure preparing the load sheet it became apparent that full tanks and the passengers would present no problem or full tanks and the baggage but what wasn't possible was full tanks + passengers + baggage. If I remember correctly we decided to weigh the individual pax which made the situation even worse as we were then committed to using the actual figure of course. In the end I think the pax went first followed by their baggage later. I wasn't worried though as the shift had ended so it was down to the Plough is Diseworth then on to the Tanya in Castle Donnington. I think that's what happened but it was more than 50 years ago and these days I have difficulty remembering what happened last year !! They were great days though.