PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2021, 09:07
FGE319

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by de fumo in flammam
Maybe, but ""airline pilot" is not on the list of shortage workers (although it is on the list of skilled workers). That's not a complete stopper, but wizz would have to be a licensed sponsor, pilot would have to be > RQF3, and wizz would have to pay more than £60,800 to make it eligible.
It's not quite as simple as this, it would be on an hour rate, which if Wizz were to guarantee would make even a F/O position eligible, based on 650km/h, average base to base of 7 hours, flight time of 5 hours and 10 hours of recurrent training every 6 months. The £60,800 is of course valid for a 39 hour week (2028 hour year with 218 hours, 12 minutes of paid leave).

Originally Posted by de fumo in flammam
Yes, I do agree it looks easier than I had imagined (I thought airline pilot wasn't on the skilled worker list (formerly tier 2), and a transfer is also a work around). I think Brits looking for work will be well aware how easy, or NOT!, it is to find a job in the EU without an EU passport. (I applied for an internal transfer within my company to the EU, and was told it couldn't even be considered without an EU passport). What with useless UK licences, an unequal wet leasing Brexit deal, devastated airlines, confined to domestic recruitment and continuation of EU nationals being hired or transferred into UK based seats, I really feel for unemployed British pilots.
i completely agree with you at the moment (but may or may not in better times depending on the contracts on offer), but am merely pointing out how it is. Equally if you want an EU base, the same visas paired with a sponsor could help you with this, as the EU isn't actually that difficult to get to either for work visas, especially highly paid skilled workers, it simply becomes a bigger problem if you're sent out of base for extended periods due to the work visa being a national visa, not a Schengen-wide one.

The UK is not being treated realistically any differently from Moldova, Georgia etc in this regard.