PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Courses - Are they any good?
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2003, 01:20
bagpiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like yourself, I once considered doing the courses you have mentioned. I decided against it almost immediately after speaking to the guy on the phone as he sounded a like he had just got out of bed and b like he didn't what day of the week it was when the conversation did get going!!

At the point I was looking into these courses, I had been told by my employer that they were going to finance them if they were a decent enough outfit. I rung the number I got off the internet and (five days later and numerous answerphone messages to which they did not reply, later) was welcomed with a grumpy "Hello". Now when you are looking at putting money into these courses your initial reaction to this would be "is that it? Hello". Anyway, the conversation developed somewhat and to cut a long story short I was told by this guy that not only did I have to pay the whole sum up front, but that he could not promise when all the modules for the course would be finished, if at all!! Does this sound cosher to you?!?!

Now granted, things may have changed somewhat since my phonecall, but my advice would be to STEER CLEAR!! Needless to say I am still looking for a suitable course for my employer to put me on!

Best of luck!