PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2021, 03:55
blubak

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by cLeArIcE
Honestly, the last little Lock down Melbourne had I observed the complete opposite. Most people were Just going about their normal life irrespective of any restrictions. I Was even surprised to see many of the crew that were devout followers of the restrictions last time, not really care anymore. However, there was certainly an element of common sense being applied. E.g. wear a mask around people, don't go visit granny if sick, isolate after a test etc. I couldn't care less if my neighbour has his son over for dinner that lives 5.5km away. But don't have a massive party FFS. Can't we all apply a bit of common sense and get on with life?
On another note, great to see most of the crew rolling their sleeves up and getting the big V. Only met one girl that didn't want it (Incase she lost her medical and couldn't get a payout from her insurance etc). Honestly didn't know what to tell her.
Common sense is the real hurdle here particularly for those in the community who dont believe any of this is real or the rules dont apply to them.
Like you say,how hard is it to put a mask on if required to do so or stay away from those you love if you dont feel well.
I worked in the airline industry for 40 + years & know full well the fears of my x workmates still there.
The situation the country finds itself in yet again can be attributed to the selfish people in our world i.e 3 X furniture removalists.