PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sex Offender and becoming a pilot?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2021, 23:03
nothopeful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
highflyer40

With all due respect, I don't appreciate the accusation that I'm somehow lying about this situation, it's an awful thing to lie about.
You might have been texting then, but I was in primary school. I got my first phone at 14, as my parents were technophobes. We didn't even have a computer in the house, and I only got a laptop when I started my A Levels in 2014.

Of course we had Blackberries... the days of BBM were, if I remember correctly, around 2010- 2013... which was when I was in school. We could barely send photos on those. "Sexting" was not yet widely spread, and the worst thing that happened was that a girl in my year sent a video around of herself and it became the talk of the school.

I can understand why you would be skeptical, but please take a moment to think through this and consider that not everyone on the Internet is a stinking liar.

For reference, my Dad is 61. Not me.

Kent Based

As i previously replied, I got my first mobile aged 14. I had a blackberry in secondary school. I'm finding these accusations alarming, especially since I am reaching out for help. If there wasn't so much at stake I would just link a picture of my driving licence because I'm astounded that people think that someone who is almost 23 is too young to have a blackberry or to have grown up in an age where sending people sexy images wasn't the norm as it is now...

Contact Approach

Why would it be a wind up? Flybe is actively building back up to what it once was, it seems. L3 and CAE are still the top names in the industry, and taking out a home loan is the route that most of my new coursemates have taken. How else can young people get the required training?

As for this being a wind up, i wish it was. All I've done is reach out for advice and I've been hit with accusations of being an old man. I can't win on these forums as I obviously don't want to reveal my identity in case coursemates/school friends/future employers are reading.

Grateful

I've read that article a thousand times over. The difference with that guy is that he targeted 14 years olds, who are clearly under the age of consent. My grave error was not realising that there are two ages of consent, and assumed the "regular" age for dating and whatnot was the be all and end all.

Our justice system doesn't work like that. A friend who is a police officer described me as collateral damage in a system designed to target those who have images of abuse.