PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sex Offender and becoming a pilot?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2021, 03:11
nothopeful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rudestuff

The offence as mentioned is one that doesn't require intent. Back in the day, I was taught that age of consent is 16. Before texting, before phones really. We had blackberry's back in the day, and that is if you are lucky.

The age of consent for images, is 18, and the age of consent for carnal relations, relationships etc, is 16. I was blindsided on a technicality, in retrospect yes I should have looked into the laws, but I can say hand on heart that I had no idea you had to be 18 or over for risque pics, hence why I didn't immediately delete it and block- for the purposes of the offence, the image remaining in a local memory of a device is enough to be considered in posession.

As the Lord is my witness, this is the truth. A genuine honest mistake. I know that my travel options are severely limited even having been arrested (no USA or Canada entry), but I was hoping that I could even pick up domestic work with Loganair or Flybe.

I'm not sure I could cope with the criminal record plus losing my dream of flying to boot.