PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Digital camera Q&A.........
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2003, 23:26
BRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out Speke... Must be in the manual for it here. Bet its been staring me right in the face too..!!!

As for the colourmailer rhingy, I will have a look at that one as someone e-mailed me a list of sites like that yesterday. Many thanks.

This afternoon when I got home form work, I called one of the ads in the back of a digital mag that I got recently. I managed to buy a cf card, 256 for £38. Not bad I think.

On the subject of magazines, I had a quick browse whilst in the shop today and they are all geared up for, it seems, Photoshop 7 or Paint Shop 8. Most of the adverts are aimed, it seems at pros who can afford cameras/lenses that are thousands of pounds. All they do also, is tell you how to manipulate images taken on your camera. It doesn't give you(me) any inspiration to rush out and do something different like the 'old' mags such as Practical Photography or Amatuer Photographer. I used to get loads of ideas, inspiration from them but looking through this one it seems changing colour, making montages is the only thing to do. If you want a filter, all you have to do now is download one. I used to attach one to the front of my lens for effect and use my skill/imagination to get brilliant pictures.
Well, I don't know about you but I think they(new mags) are money for old rope. All they are telling/showing you what to do, is what I/we have been doing with our scanned prints on our old scanners and doing silly things with them for years. I used to use MGI Photosuite for that.
The only thing that has changed, is that you can take the picture and either delete it straight away or download it to your pc to play with. Again, we used to simply scan our old prints in a while ago didn't we. Anyway, I do moan about it but it is photography at the end of the day which I love.