PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cosford air show cancelled
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2021, 16:07
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by beardy
Ah the finest form of wit!

​​​​​​Who said you were unique? Not me.

I'm not sure you have your political theory wrapped up. Authoritarian regimes tend to assert authority by decrying authenticity of dissenting voices (propaganda.)Totalitarian regimes operate through terror (disappearances) although there is overlap. What they have in common with each other and with you is a desire to stifle dissent, a conviction that they are right and an unwillingness to enter constructive debate.
​​​​
​​​​​You seem to be of the opinion that there is an authoritarian left wing conspiracy to change our lives in a way that you don't like.
I'll not make any further posts on here after this Beardy, save for this one, I'm the dissenting voice, I'm concerned that there are professional opinions which counter the more wide spread reports which favour more restrictive practices, nothing more than that. If Professor Michie didn't say, back in June, that she thought masks and social distancing would last forever, and I'm sure you'll nick pick over the specifics of that comment, she should have refuted it, publicly.

FB