PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cosford air show cancelled
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2021, 19:14
Ninthace

Received 933 Likes on 552 Posts
Originally Posted by Finningley Boy
Oh I admit to a degree of rhetoric to make a point, but we've plunged a long way from what we accepted as normal up to March 2020. I've been up to the inner German border in the day and I've stood and looked back at the East German Sentry peering back through his Binoculars from his watch tower along the wall between East and West Berlin. I've looked at the miserable run down blocks of flats, or so they appeared to be immediately the other side of the wall and read the tributes garlanded with flowers along the West Berlin side placed there as a tribute to those who were shot trying to escape to the West, by their own side. Ninthace, there's nothing much you can teach me about the horrors of any authoritarian regime which resorts to killing its own citizens to stop them getting out. My point about East Germany is we may not be in quite that predicament, but we've taken a big step in that direction and I dare say Professor Michie dreams of such a day dawning when you do need signed permission and travel orders to journey to the next town. Covid fear and intimidation, I can't prove, but for all we know, it could be the first step along that road, if the good Professor and her ilk have their way.

FB
Had you said getting closer to Singapore, you might have had a case.