PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK ATPL to EASA - moving on
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2021, 18:53
Professor Plum

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
Papaechonovember - Thanks for the steer regarding the medicals - wasn't aware I could get an EASA initial in the UK. I've also sent you a PM.

Richard Richard - Would be very interested to hear how you get on regarding your medical. My medical was also previously an EASA one, and it would be handy not to have to another full on Initial!

kbd1992 - I'm in a very similar situation to you. The IAA have been pretty helpful to me and have confirmed that my ATPL exam results sat last year with the UK CAA as EASA exams, will remain valid for the purposes of issuing an EASA licences, as long as they are within their normal validity period (ie, 36 Months).

Now I'm working on what flying I actually need to do, though I'm planning on doing it in an SEP simply to ensure my exam passes don't expire and keep the cost down (just in case I need an EASA in the future). I'm waiting for a few schools to get back to me, and a lot of places don't really seem to know as this whole situation is relatively new, but as far as I can see, I need;
-An EASA class 1 Medical.
-Training as required to pass a CPL skills test.
-In my case as I have 50+ Hrs PIC IFR (I'm a Military Pilot, which is how I've accrued these), I'm looking at the CB-IR route, which as far as I can tell, is also Training as required and pass the test once you have 50+ Hrs PIC IFR.#

Regarding the right to live/work in the EU - I'm curious as to how that affects BizJet operators. The likes of Netjets/Vistajet have UK passport holder with a UK base (but EASA licences) flying for them.

Would appreciate any steers/corrections etc.