PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cosford air show cancelled
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2021, 12:05
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by beardy
If I understand correctly FB, you would have someone's technical opinion discounted because of their political affiliation and to expect non-economists to advise on economic matters.
I'd rather not be led into further accusations of thread drift and irrelevance Beardy, save to say, there is a common trend between those who see the Bottle half empty, or even completely empty and those who say its time to place our faith properly in the vaccine programme, if cautiously. I merely made the observation that a member of an extreme political organization advising the government, and quite predictably so (she can't wait for a variant that is invulnerable to vaccines) is unexpected and certainly you could be forgiven for wondering how wise it really is. Just because the cold war is now long time ago doesn't mean the aims of the communist parties everywhere today have become benign as if they're all now Social Democrats, again, would you be happy for a supporter of the EDL or Britain First to be given a post in SAGE? Purely on the grounds of professional criteria of course. Also, its a bit sweeping and dismissive, ignorant even, for an erudite soul who's advice should it be utterly indispensable, to not consider the wider long term affect on us all, in terms of the economy. Rather than use the old excuse, I'm sure you're familiar with, "Don't know Chiefy, I'm airframes!" At this chap's level that kind of couldn't care less, and that's what it was, attitude is telling.

FB